Trip Report

      (Press F5 to see this animation again)

For the first time in 4 ½ hrs G-BOAD was quite and another “regular” supersonic flight had been safely made across the Atlantic.

Some of the electrical systems where left on to allow the passengers to leave the plane and visit the flight deck to meet the pilots after the flight.

In the Cabin

As soon as we where  parked the seat belt signs where switched off, people got up from their seats and quickly got all their things…….They made their way towards the front of Concorde towards the exit door on her left side.  

I remembered what my concorde friends said and I stayed in my seat until the last passenger got off the plane as I wanted to be the last one to visit the flight deck (cockpit) and speak to the captain and to have my photo taken with all the pilots.

½ hour after we landed G-BOAD was nearly empty apart from 2-3 passengers going back to the stewardess to order more Concorde gifts and the stewardesses ……….. the plane felt sad, grey, empty and silent, like she was sad to see me and the others go......... And she some how knew this would be her last time......... I felt that in my soul..........

I wanted to hold her in my arms and hug her to say to her


Look its going be alright, don’t worry about it ...........

But I knew it wasn’t going to be alright as in a month’s time she was destined to go on Moby Dick the old world war 2 aircraft carrier in New York, I knew if I tried to hug her the crew would think I was nuts.

The atmosphere was now a bit like the one you get at the end of brilliant party where every one has to go home, it quite, empty, life less and sad.

I sadly got out of my seat, patted my seat twice as way to say thanks and good bye, slowly sadly and with a very heavy heart walked towards the front of Concorde and towards her front left hand door, the same door I had so happily walked in to 3 ½ hours earlier.

I really really really didn’t want to leave Concorde, but I knew I had to …… on my way to the front door I thanked all the crew for looking after me and for giving me a brilliant time they where all pleased that I had such a wonderful time on Concorde, as I walked up I looked in other seats to get 1 or 2 Concorde mags but none where there ……… doh.

As I was walked towards the front of G-BOAD I had mixed emotions I was very sad that flight was over and that I would never fly on Concorde but I was also extremely extremely happy that I had lived the dream and flown on Concorde, I was extremely happy that Concorde had taken me safely and quickly to New York.

Landing at JFK

In the Cabin

It wasn’t son of Concorde, it was Mr Blobby the fat porky ** SLOW 747 **, that made me sick to the stomach. I thought


How the hell can Concorde be scrapped, how the hell can such a lovely plane be scrapped, a mighty plane which took me under her wing, who safely and extremely quickly brought me over to New York, how the hell can she be scrapped !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

View of  Mr Blobby the 747 from my Concorde

For the first time in 6 weeks I got a sinking depressed feeling in my heart and I was gutted, depressed and sad that it was finally all over…… For 3 ½ hrs the stewardesses and people around me felt like they where family…..the stewardesses did all they could to help and make me feel happy.

I was sad I was never going to see or speak to them again….. I was going to miss them all….. I was sad that I’d never see Martine again (as she was like a mum to me)……. was going to miss her as well…… I was sad that 2 stewardesses would never fly on Concorde, sad and gutted that Concorde was going to scrapped and “ retired “ to a glorified shed, I mean a “museum” and sad that this trip of a life time was over.

It now sounds strange but at the time I really felt that way, even now in Jan  2009  I still have fond feelings for my Concorde crew and fellow passengers as we all shared a unique and memorable experience in time.

We slowly reached our gate and with a gentle lurch forward an back Concorde came gently to a stop.

On the flight Deck

Captain Mills and James Bedford switched off  all the remaining  engines and air conditioning systems, the nose and visor was raised from  taxiing / take off position to supersonic position